Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Premier Medical Associates, P.C.
Function: Assists the physician in providing high quality, lower cost patient care while supporting the goals and standards of Premier Medical Associates.
- CMA (AAMA) certified or willing to become certified
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program
- CPR certified
Essential Work Functions
- Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; report patient history summary.
- Counsel patients by transmitting physician's orders in the electronic health record.
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment operating by following instructions.
- Participate actively in responsibilities pertaining to quality initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the clinical care team and demonstrate respect for all colleagues.
- Expand knowledge by participating in company and office educational initiatives.
- Must possess emotional maturity and stability to approach highly stressful situations in a calm and rational matter.
- Use critical thinking to make sound clinical decisions.
- Adhere to ethical standards of conduct as well as applicable state and federal laws.
- Provide effective oral or written nonverbal communication with patients and their families, colleagues, and health care providers.
- May be required to rotate shifts during office hours which may include evenings for some offices and an occasional Saturday.
- Perform other duties as assigned.