Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Long Term Care for Dearborn and Farming
Dearborn, MI 48126
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Long Term Care
Openings in Dearborn and Farmington Hills
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the immediate direction and supervision of nursing care provided to residents on his or her shift.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assigns responsibility to nurse assistants for the direct nursing care of specific residents during the shift.
- Assesses resident care needs and supervises nurse assistants in attending to resident care needs.
- Supervises all documentation of nursing assistants.
- Writes original resident care plan and updates plan as the needs of the resident changes. Prepares care plans for the interdisciplinary conferences.
- Records all changes in resident's condition on the progress notes and maintains nurse's records.
- Passes medications, counts narcotics at the change of shift and insures that all the treatments prescribed by the physician are completed per the order.
- Orders medications from the pharmacy.
- Makes frequent rounds during the shift to ensure that residents are properly dressed, bathed, shaved, turned, positioned, etc. Directs and supervises the nurse assistants rendering care.
- Performs necessary disciplinary documentation of nurse assistants on a timely basis, subject to the approval of the Director of Nursing or designee.
- Holds weekly meetings with nurse assistants after doctor rounds to keep the assistants informed of new residents, changes in care needs, condition changes or changes in policy and procedure.
- Makes rounds with physician and records all orders.
- Completes 24-hour report daily on shift. Reports incidents, accidents, changes in condition, family complaints, physical plant problems, etc.
- Assists nurse assistants with bedside care as necessary.
- Assists with meantime of residents to ensure proper nutritional intake.
- Informs families of changes in resident condition, accident or medication orders, on a timely basis.
- Maintains a good rapport with families and/or patient representative.
- Education / Training: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and possession of a valid State of Michigan license as a qualified licensed practical nurse. AHA BLS Certification required.
- Work Experience: Previous long-term care experience preferred
We have Full Time and Part Time positions available with up to a $3,000 Sign on Bonus depending upon status and shift!
We also offer excellent benefits and PTO time!
About our sites:
Beaumont Commons- Farmington Hills (formerly Botsford Commons)- 21450 Archwood Cir., Farmington Hills, MI 48336- This unique senior campus looks like a neighborhood and feels like home. Botsford Commons, a Beaumont community, offers four distinct residential choices including independent living, assisted-living, short-term rehabilitation, and long-term nursing care. Through these residential options, seniors are empowered to remain passionate about life and enjoy each day.
Beaumont Commons- Dearborn (formerly Oakwood Commons)- 16351 Rotunda Dr., Dearborn, MI 48120- Dearborn represents the latest in contemporary retirement living. We offer older adults in the community an independent lifestyle with security, comfort, and elegance. Housing options include independent and assisted-living lifestyles. The campus features an attractive array of conveniences, services, and activities. Residents make their choices from a variety of recreational, educational, and entertainment programs.