RN / Florida / Permanent / Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Special C
Miami, FL 33101
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Patient Care Technician, Special Care Unit
Nights, Full Time, FTE .9
Kendall Regional MedicalCenter
Kendall Regional MedicalCenter is a 417-bed, full-service, provisional Level I Trauma hospitalproviding 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, women andchildrens services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with awide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Centerhas been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awardsand accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGradesDistinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint CommissionCertification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center withPCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer on keyquality measures.
Isn't it time you wereoffered a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package thatcomplements your lifestyle Join the team at Kendall Regional Medical Center.Our award-winning hospital fosters an atmosphere that constantly rewards ournurses and clinical professionals for their commitment, while encouraging themto maintain a healthy lifestyle outside of work!
Kendall Regional MedicalCenter is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services,Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres WorldsMost Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition ofexcellence!
We offer a generouscompensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, andMedical Insurance.
The Patient CareTechnician assists the professional nursing personnel by
performing patient careactivities, secretarial functions and ensuring patient
satisfaction under thesupervision of the RN in accordance with the philosophy,
goals, and objectives ofKendall Regional Medical Center.
Job ResponsibilitiesInclude but are not Limited to:
- Performs and documents care, procedures, treatments and reports abnormal values and/or patient responses to the RN.
- Assists patients with nutritional needs, by preparing them for their meal or feeding them.
- Answers patient call lights in a timely manner and responds to patient needs/requests.
- Organizes and facilitates the admission and discharge process on the Unit by correctly relating information and transcribingorders in compliance with hospital and nursing services policies andprocedures.
- Transcribes Physician'sOrders under the supervision of a registered nurse as well as reviews allorders and call to the attention of the registered nurse all stat orders orillegible writing.
- Prepares the medicalrecord for transfer, admission, or Medical Examiners cases.
- Vocational/Technical degree
- Must have CNA certification/license in the state of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
- 1-3 years preferred relevant experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at