Part Time Direct Support Professional -- Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Merakey is seeking a Direct Support Professional to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Slippery Rock, PA and surrounding areas.
Are you looking for a position where you can utilize your skills and passion for supporting people? Do you believe that we are better together by including everyone? Are you searching for a rewarding career in the service of others? The Direct Support Professional role isn't for everyone- but it IS for those who enjoy a challenge working with individuals with disabilities and the reward that comes with it. Being in this role requires both attention to detail and creativity as you are serving as both a life coach and a personal support to our individuals. If this sounds like something that you would enjoy -- then join our team!
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Providing individualized care, activities of daily living, including proper maintenance of living area, and guiding residents in leisure activities, work and day programming.
- All chores necessary to maintain as normal a living environment as possible, i.e., laundry and housekeeping.
- Work is performed in accordance with appropriate procedures according to the individuals Person Centered Plan / Individual Support Plan (ISP) and also the supervision of the House Manager who reviews results through living area observation of activities in progress, residents' responsiveness, and inspection of living area, reports and periodic meetings.
- Staff will be required to follow a designated shift routine and assignments as outlined by the House Manager.
- We reward our staff with competitive wages, flexible schedules available (Full Time/PRN openings), and outstanding health (medical/vision/dental) and wellness benefits, paid training, cell phone discount plan, employee referral bonuses, tuition
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Fee-For-Service model (Per Diem or PRN) including mileage reimbursement for travel
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-idd.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a position that will allow you to make a difference in a person's life while taking your career to the next level... Don't Wait -- Apply Today!
To fill out an on-line application: www.merakey.org/careers. In addition, send your resume to Lindsey.Schmidt@merakey.org
Requisition Number: 48178
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!