CMA/LPN/RN - Pleasant Hill Family Medicine & Urgent Care Clinic- PRN (Vaired)
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
Mercy Medical Center
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > PLEASANT HILL > MERCY EAST FAM PRAC URG CARE
Job Summary / Job Purpose
The Registered Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Will utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
- Perform general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
- Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
- Obtain and document health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
- Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitor and document treatment progress and patient response. Refer to/consult with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
- Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Document patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
- Track quality assurance data and monitor for acute and chronic care management.
- May act as team lead for other nursing staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state licensing board required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Experience (required and preferred):
- 1 year related experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0254170
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center