This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
CNA / Care Partner
Alexandria, VA 22301
Posted 13 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Part time staff members are eligible for PTO, tuition assistance, 401k, and more!
Full time staff members work 60 hours per two week pay period, and eligible for insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, 401k and more.
We are currently looking for new and experienced CNAs to work as Care Partners in the Goodwin House Alexandria Small House, where YOU can make a difference in the lives of older adults. A rich benefits package includes up to $2000 in tuition assistance after the first year, generous 401k, PTO, LifeMart discounts on cell phones, theme park tickets, and much more for staff members who meet eligibility criteria.
Current openings include:
Part time days (7-3)
Full time or part time evenings (3-11)
PRN (all shifts)
In the Small Houses, 10 residents enjoy living in private rooms, share a common dining area and living areas, and are cared for by 2 CNAs, also known as Care Partners.
Goodwin House Incorporated (GHI) has been reimagining aging since 1967. Mission-driven and not-for-profit, Goodwin House is known for our integrity, innovation and excellence in caring for older adults along life's continuum. We are searching for a career-minded, energetic, organized CNA to join our Health Care Team in the Small Houses of Goodwin House Alexandria.
If you wish to join our team of Care Partners at Goodwin House Alexandria, please apply now! Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Certification and registration as a CNA by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- At least one year of CNA experience in a similar / long term care setting (for PRN positions).
- CPR certification upon hire.
- Able to demonstrate sincere kindness, compassion and empathy for others.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Understands and aligns with the Goodwin House mission, vision and values.
- Is able to collaborate with residents and other team members to solve daily problems, and to develop activities that residents enjoy.
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to navigate on a laptop and smart phone.
- Must pass ServSafe training and become certified to work in the kitchens.
- PRN staff members must comply with the PRN policy, as outlined below:
- PRN Status indicates you are an employee of Goodwin House Alexandria and you are considered "On Call."
- Must be available to work at least one weekend shift per four-week schedule, if needed.
- Must be available work at least four other requested shifts per schedule, if needed. A shift is defined as 7.5 hours.
- Must be able work at least two of the six Goodwin House holidays per year, if needed.
- Like all employees, PRN employees must adhere to the Goodwin House rules and regulations as stated in the Employee Handbook, and all organizational and department policies.
- PRN staff members must comply with training and health screen requirements. Failure to work at least four shifts per month (if given the opportunity), for two consecutive months without prior permission, will result in dismissal from the Goodwin House Alexandria.
- PRN staff members who are interested in FT and/or PT positions, must submit an Employee Interest Form.Submitting an Employee Interest form does not guarantee a status change.
- PRN employees who work a full time job elsewhere:
- Must maintain CPR license renewal on their own - this will not be offered to PRN staff.
- CNA must have AHA Heart Saver/First Aid.
- Nurse must have AHA BLS with AED.
- Are not eligible for license renewal reimbursement at GH.
- All nursing staff are responsible to use On Shift and must be aware of their schedule.
Posted 2 weeks ago
Posted 2 weeks ago