Charge Nurse - LPN
Jackson, TN 38301
AHC Jackson Region
**** Must Work 3 on 3 off Rotation Schedule******
The purpose of this position is to assess patient health needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director of Nursing Services in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility, and local, state and federal regulations, to maximize the fulfillment of care-giving needs of the patients.
Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Receive delegated orders from the Director of Nursing and see that these orders are carried out by staff.
• Supervise and direct the day-to-day functions of the medication nurse, and/or nursing aides.
• Supervise all resident/patient treatments.
• Keep intake and output records.
• Assist physicians and the Director of Nursing in the treatment and examination of patients.
• Perform administrative duties such as documenting nurses' notes, physicians' orders, discharge plans, dietary changes, reports, evaluations and studies.
• Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes.
• Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
• Monitor and/or record follow through for signatures of telephone orders from physicians.
• Conduct and monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc. as assigned.
• Give and receive condition report from the on-coming and off-going shift.
• Perform emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate third parties.
• Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
• Monitor and update care plans each shift as appropriate.
• Recognize, intervene and report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and facility.
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility.
• Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients' personal and health care needs.