CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant. Get paid $16.22/hour
3800 Reservoir Road NW , Washington, DC 20007
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN
Nursing Assistants earn $16.22/hour with an excellent benefits package and have the promotional opportunity of being a Clinical Technician ($19.16/hour).
General Summary of Position:
- The incumbent in this position works under the direction of and assists members of the professional nursing staff in providing nursing care to patients on an assigned nursing unit. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Satisfactory completion of Nursing Assistant training program or experience as a Nursing Assistant of one year or more.
- Current District of Columbia Nursing Assistant Certification preferred.
- BLS required.
- Six months of experience working as a Nursing Assistant or Health Aide preferred.
- Ability to perform the basic nursing skills, which includes attending to personal hygiene and dietary needs of patients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; basic math.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions in detail.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)