This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Vera Whole Health
Posted 11 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Vera Whole Health is the leading direct-to-employer primary care provider in the Western United States. We deliver population health management to large and mid-sized employers on-site, in the same building or campus where people work. Our approach to managed care, which emphasizes behavior change as the only sustainable way to transform one's health, achieves high engagement. And the data shows that the more patients who use Vera, the more savings the employer sees across the entire employee population.
Join the health revolution.
Vera Whole Health is looking for an MA to join our Flagstaff, AZ clinic!
The MA is responsible for a wide range of administrative and clinical tasks to assist our clinical providers. The MA provides support in delivering excellent patient service, clinical support, front office duties and promotes health and wellness. The MA ensures the clinic runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and works collaboratively with the clinic providers.
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions:
- Take vital signs, record in medical record and perform systems review.
- Perform point of care testing and assist providers with diagnostic tests.
- Administer immunizations, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider or standing order.
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider or standing order.
- Active in routine patient education, self-management teaching under the direction of the provider.
- Respond to emergencies when needed.
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams, completion of outside diagnostic testing.
- Manage patient care flow.
- Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform inventory, order and stock clinic supplies as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the assigned Vera clinic or clinics; punctuality.
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to off-site events for the client.
- Perform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including universal precautions.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in medical site's efforts to comply with organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals & care plans.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and huddles.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts on Monday-Saturday.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record data.
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Basic understanding of patient care flow.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Certifi cation required , AAMA (preferred) , NCCT
- Minimum 2 years experience. Preferred in primary/urgent care.
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity (titer).
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90 days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current BLS certification or be BLS CPR certified before start-date.
- Phlebotomy certified within 90 days of hire
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 30-50 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. WDMP