Licensed Practical Nurse Full-Time/Day (LPN/LVN #)
Madison, WI 53701
Our Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse with professional education and experience which indicates an adequate understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, issues of psychotropic medication compliance and psychotropic medication effects and side effects.Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Experience in the provision of nursing services in a psychiatric setting
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical / Licensed Vocational Nurse within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Provide psychiatric nursing services under the direction of the Psychiatrist and Director of Nursing
- Maintain effective communications with the Facility and Wellpath staff
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Psychiatrist and Mental Health Director/Mental Health Coordinator/ Director of Nursing and as listed in the Post Duties. These duties include contributing data to assessments done by registered nurses, participation in treatment teams, committees, medication administration, psychiatrist appointment coordination, staff and patient education, infirmary care management planning and implementation, and functioning as needed as a liaison between the Mental Health and Medical Departments.
- Implement specific treatments as ordered by the staff psychiatrist
- Provision of medication education to patients to inform them of the nature of psychotropic medication, the need for compliance with physician orders in taking medication, signs and symptoms of adverse drug reactions, and the need for patients to report problems with medication.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerKeyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs