This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Denver, CO 80201
Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Posted 11 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Residential Programs and Services, in the Intensive Services Network, the Residential Counselor will provide direct care to the consumers in the program, communicate concerns of care with treatment team, support clients treatment goal progress, and will be responsible for the upkeep/maintenance of the facility.
* Facilitate treatment and provide structured living environment to residents.
* Supervise daily routine, events, activities.
* Assist with Activities of Daily Living as indicated for each consumer.
* Initiate and encourage family participation in the treatment plan.
* Develop, in collaboration with client and case manager, a weekly schedule of activities, and monitor progress on treatment goals.
* Monitor passes, house restrictions and consequences of individual client behavior, and communicate decisions to peers and supervisors.
* Collaboration with the case manager/therapist for service delivery.
* Monitor medications and track MARs (medication Administration Records) to ensure accurate delivery/documentation.
* Maintain residential charts and update as necessary, according to Center and Dept. of Health requirements.
* Order and maintain supplies as needed.
* Submit all documentation per Center requirements and timelines.
* Participate in supervision and team meetings.
* Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all consumers, teammates, supervisors and community members.
* Respond to consumer needs in timely manner.
* Cross-training with other Center residential programs for coverage purposes.
* Assist clients in meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, yard work, personal care duties, in an effort to support development of independent living skills.
* Provide protective oversight to ensure safety of clients and facility at all times.
* Schedule/participate in safety/fire drills and document in log book.
* Communicate all concerns in an appropriate/timely manner to supervisor.
* Develop and maintain relationships with neighbors in the residential community.
* Utilize de-escalation techniques when client is in crisis, and intervene appropriately when necessary, coordination with case managers, supervisors, Access/Emergency department and community emergency responders when client requires a higher level of care or hospitalization.
* Maintain facility according to Dept. of Health guidelines for safety, documentation, protective oversight and fire safety expectations.
Other Duties (Professional Growth/Development/Community/Relationships & Productivity Performance Measures):
* Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan as required.
* Attend supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
* Participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Report high risk/problem cases, and utilize a problem solving approach/utilize feedback.
* Use language and behavior to promote dignity/respect with consumers, Center staff and external customers.
* Continually strive for self-improvement and remain motivated to learn new skills to benefit consumer and Center.
* Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days (team specific)
* Complete 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
* Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director.
* Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
* Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems, initiate and maintain positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email, etc.
* Demonstrates cultural competency/awareness/skills in working with diverse caseload and utilizes Center resources/trainings as needed.
* Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
* Volunteer to work on Center committees or community projects
* Knowledge of trauma informed care and practices or willingness to obtain training/education on this.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
* Bachelor's Degree required, with one to two years related experience and/or training.
* Bi-lingual preferred but not required.
* Colorado Drivers License and Current Motor Vehicle Report Required.
* Obtain QMAP (Qualified Medication Administration Person) certificate within 30 days of hire.