Licensed Practical Nurse - Fort Myers
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Park Royal Hospital
Job Details Description
Royal Hospital, Southwest Florida's premier behavioral health system has an immediate opening for a Licensed Practical Nurse. Our staff is comprised of dedicated, caring professionals who work as a team to change people's lives. Maintaining the high quality of our management and clinical staff is important to us, and we frequently welcome new individuals to our team.
Serving as a key member of our team, the primary duties include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for providing & managing professional care in accordance with physician's treatment plan, utilizing the RN to report changes in patient status and recommendations for patient's plan of care.
· Responsible for the distribution of patient medication.
· Responsible for completing admission, discharge, and transfer paperwork according to hospital policy.
· Responsible for effectively communicating with physicians regarding patient status.
· Responsible for patient and family education.
· Responsible and accountable for efficient time & resource management in accomplishing acceptable work volume (i.e. cost & time management)
· Accountable for regulatory and compliance standards on the unit as evidenced by maintaining a safe environment.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate implementation of physician orders.
· Responsible for accurate shift reports reflecting that the patient's status and needs are communicated in order of priority at the beginning and ending of each shift or patient transfer.
· Demonstrates initiative by bringing forward new ideas for improve in patient care.