Certified Home Health Aide (HHA) - Full Time for Suffolk County
Syosset, NY 11791
Constellation Health Services
*Certified as a Great Place to Work For in 2018 and 2019*
*One of the Top 25 Places to Work For in Healthcare*
Apply today and take your place among the stars with Constellation!
Constellation Home Care is a 5 Star CMS Rated Home Care agency dedicated to delivering the best possible health care services to people at all points of life. We believe our staff are vital to our success and have devoted ourselves to providing the best possible patient care through a vibrant, diverse, and talented core of clinicians. This core is now responsible for having earned us the distinction of being a Certified Great Place to Work For in 2018 and 2019. We have been ranked as one of the Top 25 Places to Work For in Healthcare!
- Successfully completed the minimum 75-hour training program for Home Health Aides that has been approved by the New York State Department of Health.
- Demonstrated competency as documented through a passing grade on a competency evaluation.
- Has a caring attitude toward the sick, disabled and elderly; the ability to read and write.
- Receives a satisfactory rating on annual performance evaluation.
- Assist the patient with personal care such as: sponge, tub or shower bath.
- Assist the patient with care of the hair, skin, teeth and nails, this can include: shampoo if directed by the registered nurse, cleaning nails and use emery board, and/or shave patients with an electric razor.
- Assist the patient with activities of daily living such as: dressing, eating, use of the bathroom, or with use of urinal, bedpan or commode, ambulation with cane, walker or wheelchair, and reposition/turn patient in bed.
- Assist with prescribed range of motion exercises and specific exercises after instruction from professional health personnel.
- Measure and record intake and output when directed by the registered nurse
- Prepare meals and special diets as directed. May assist with meal planning and limited grocery shopping.
- Perform light housekeeping duties necessary to maintain a safe environment to prevent or postpone institutionalization, including: changing bed linen, light cleaning of patient's living area, and laundering essential to the comfort and cleanliness of patient.
- Maintain a record of activities and submit this record to the agency once a week
- Report changes in behavior or condition of the patient
- Attend in-service training.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to patient care
- Reminds patients to take medications which are ordinarily self-administered, as instructed by the supervising nurse
- Report to the supervising R.N. or therapist concerning all matters related to patient care
- Participate in case conferences
- To perform all required services consistently as ordered.
- To be observed during the care provision process by a designated supervisor every six months
- Competitive salary
- A rich benefits package, including: medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Professional liability coverage
- Company-sponsored in-service and training
- Continuing education
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled