Direct Support Professional
Union City, CA 94587
Direct Support Professionals/Direct Care Workers/Direct Care Staff/ Direct Care Professionals/Direct Support Caregivers are needed for Serra Center's 6 bed Residential Care Facilities, serving adults with intellectual disabilities. The homes are licensed by the CA Department of Public Health and located in Fremont, CA.
- provide intermittent nursing care in accordance with physician's orders, nursing care support and training plans
- maintain a 1:3 staff-to-client ratio and support residents with training in activities of daily living (cooking, cleaning, bathing, personal hygiene, community integration)
- socialization, community integration/outings
- implement behavior modification plans
- administer medications and treatments
- attend mandatory monthly in-service training to meet on-going educational requirements
Weekday Afternoon/Evening:Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-8:00pm
Overnight Awake (NOC):Friday, 10pm-8am; Saturday, 6pm-6am; Sunday 6pm-6am
Weekends:6:00am-6:00pm or 8:00am-8:00pm
On-Call: Accept open shifts based on your availability
Full-time Benefits: PPO or HMO Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Plan (employer/employee funded), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Life Insurance (employer funded) paid Sick Leave, paid Vacation Leave, 11 paid Holidays, Company Discount Purchasing Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program
Part-time Benefits: Paid Sick Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Company Discount Purchasing Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program
Serra Center is a non-profit corporation committed to providing dignity, respect and choice to individuals with intellectual disabilities since 1975.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in working with people with elderly or developmental disabilities
- Be able to pass DOJ clearance, pre-employment physical and TB test clearance
- A current CNA license is a plus
YOU can make a difference; join our team TODAY!Job Type: Full-time/Part-time/On-CallJob Types: Full-time, Part-time
Serra Center, a non-profit corporation, provides Independent Living Services and Supported Living Services to more than 65 adult men and women living with developmental disabilities. These individuals live in traditional and accessible homes and apartments of their choice throughout Alameda County.
Serra Center also provides 24 hour care, supervision and support to individuals who have a recurring but intermittent need for nursing services, through our 4 long-term care group homes licensed by the CDPH and located in Fremont.