Caregiver - Direct Support Professional
Santa Rosa, CA 95402
California Programs for the Autistic, Inc.
Job Title: Direct Support Professional/Caregiver Requirements:
- 18 years or older and with a minimum of 2 years of driving experience.
- Hold a valid CA driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Must pass criminal background check (FBI and DOJ clearance, history of no misdemeanors or felonies).
- Pass employment physical and meet physical requirements of job, including a TB Test.
- Hold current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to acquire them.
- Knowledge of medication administration/MAR.
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
- Love of people; focus on a person centered philosophy.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Sick, vacation and PTO benefits provided for ALL staff including part time employees. On Duty meals provided.
Health, Vision, dental, Acupuncture, Chiro benefits available for full time staff working a minimum of 35 hours/week.
Pay starts at $14.00 / hour. Check out our website at www.calprogramsautistic.org or our Facebook page. C.P.A. is an equal opportunity employer. Job Types: Full-time
Additional Job Title with openings: Friday-Saturday Awake Overnight 11pm-7am
Requirements:To assist the men throughout the evening as needed. This is an AWAKE shift. The overnight must stay awake for entirety of the shift in order to properly monitor the men in the home throughout the night and keep them safe. Specific Duties:
- Stay awake the entire shift.
- Some light household duties and laundry.
- Collect accurate data on the men’s behaviors.
- To attend all monthly staff meetings, complete checklists and communicate with other staff.
— — —Benefits offered:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Acupuncture/Chiro
California Programs for the Autistic, Inc. (C.P.A.) was founded in 1978 by a group of concerned parents committed to finding an alternative for family members with severe autism. At a time when few people knew or had even heard of autism, our parents and families were in the forefront of the field looking for a better way for their adult children to live happy, successful lives in a home setting.
Through innovative and progressive person-centered strategies developed over the past 35 years, CPA promotes the highest possible degree of independence and community integration for each of our men.