Colusa, CA 95932
Central Valley Specialty Hospital
Posted 3 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
The Medical Assistant (MA) is a member of the nursing team who functions under the direction, guidance, and supervision of a licensed physician or Mid-level (FNP/PA) Practitioner who has been designated by the physician. An MA, with guidance, assists in providing and evaluating nursing care for patients and in coordinating nursing care activities with other health care disciplines.
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent. Current Medical Assistant certification/license preferred. Current certification in CPR. Prior experience in medical office setting preferred. Pediatric experience preferred. Must be bilingual (English/Spanish). Must be able to perform duties with minimum supervision.
POSITION SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
Back Office MA Responsibilities:
* Takes vital signs accurately, including data collection, height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
* Under the direction of the provider, performs procedures, treatments, and/or tests as assigned. Reports results to the provider.
* Instructs patient in the proper stool, urine, and sputum specimen collection.
* Performs dressing changes as directed.
* Sets up and assists with sterile surgical procedures.
* Is attentive to changes in patient condition or behavior and communicates patient needs to provider. Keeps provider informed of changes in patient's condition/status.
* Assists with delivery of patient care, as needed.
* Prepares specimens.
* Charts all actions taken accurately and timely.
* Cleans and sets up examination rooms.
* Clean and sterilizes equipment.
* Initiates procedures for emergency care that require immediate action, following pertinent policies/procedures.
* Remains calm in stressful situations.
* Accurately and promptly carries out provider's orders.
* Performs urine drug screen collections accurately, and is attentive to the donor's demeanor.
* Accurately documents CHDP data, referrals, immunization records, chief complaints, and vital signs.
* Prepares equipment and assists with gynecological exams.
* Performs ear lavage procedure.
* Performs Accucheck with calibration.
* Performs Hemocue and checks control.
* Accurately performs urine dip and controls.
* Performs HCG and control.
* Performs stool occult and control.
* Performs vision screening, audiometries, spirometry tests, and EKGs.
* Employee may transport medication, including expired medications, to and from the hospital pharmacy to the clinics.
Front Office MA Responsibilities:
* Files, copies, and obtains prior records, and prepares forms.
* Answers the telephone professionally (with courtesy, accuracy and respect for confidentiality), identifying self and department. Returns telephone voice mail and messages appropriately.