Perioperative Nurse (RN / LVN)
Willows, CA 95988
Central Valley Specialty Hospital
Posted 3 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Glenn Medical Center, a Critical Access Hospital located in Willows CA, in partnership with our physicians, will consistently strive to provide accessible, high quality care within the local community. Our focus is on improving the health and well-being of all individuals by offering inpatient, outpatient and rural health clinic services to the Glenn County community.
The Perioperative nurse is responsible for managing the care of patients requiring a surgical procedure that requires moderate to complex assessments, interventions and levels of nursing vigilance.
* Current California Nursing License
* One (1) year perioperative nursing experience; scrub and/or circulating experience required
* BLS and ACLS required
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs within the timeframe specified by policies, procedures or protocols.
* Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the patient's condition adhering to policies, procedures and protocols.
* Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
* Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
* Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and patient family.
* Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
* Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation and advanced life support protocols.
* Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and hospital staff.
* Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient's and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
* Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift