Medical Assistant - Community Clinic
Crescent City, CA 95531
Posted 3 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Provides patient care
within the scope of his/her of practice, utilizing a process of assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation under the supervision of a Physician or
Registered Nurse as appropriate. The
Medical Assistant delivers and documents care for a specific group of patients
ranging in age/developmental stages from adolescents to geriatrics with the
main focus females so that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning and
self-care needs of patients are addressed, including family learning
needs. The Medical Assistant
collaborates with the Physician planning and implementing patient care. May require travel to other facilities in the
network. May also provide clerical
duties and PSR duties as needed. Provides patient care by serving as a point of
intake of critical medical information, prioritizing and rooming patients to
see physician, assisting physician with medical procedures as requested. The Medical Assistant responds to patient
phone calls, forwards information to physician and provides direction to
patient as indicated. The Medical
Assistant will manage the prescription renewal process and interface with
patient's pharmacies to ensure timely processing of renewal requests. The
Medical Assistant will be responsible for the readiness of all exam rooms. Actively participates in professional growth
opportunities & provides high quality customer relations utilizing
excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
A high school diploma is required, Associates degree is preferred. Combination of education and experience sufficient to perform primary responsibilities as would be typically obtained in a 2-year Medical Assistant Program is preferred.
California or Oregon MA certification (depending on location) is desired. BLS-HCP is required.
• Two - Three years of previous practical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic or a provider's office preferred.
• Experience with EPIC (electronic health records) preferred.
• Must demonstrate basic nursing skills, communications, and problem solving skills, and computer knowledge.
• Knowledge of scope of practice for Medical Assistants.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Knowledge of clinical protocols for vital signs.
• Knowledge of normal values for vital signs (Blood Pressure, Pulse, Respirations, Temperature)
• Knowledge of medical positioning for patients.
• Knowledge of scheduling practices/referrals for provider offices preferred.
• Knowledge of effective teamwork dynamics between front and back office staff.
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Must be able to work in a complex fast-pace environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
• Must be able to work within established timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy.
**Organization:** Sutter Coast Hospital, Crescent City, CA
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** None
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.