This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Lebanon, IL 62254
Posted 4 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Southern Illinois Living Centers, Inc.
DBA: Clinton Manor Living Center, Inc.
Encourage - Enhance - Empower
Certified Nursing Assistant
Each individual and their family/guardians receiving supports or services
RN's/LPN's, Director of Nursing
Please note that for the purposes of this job description and throughout employment:
"CMLC" means Southern Illinois Living Centers, Inc. dba: Clinton Manor Living Centers, Inc.
"Individual" is a person who is receiving supports or services from CMLC.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, performs hands-on nursing, person centered care for individuals with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene and cleanliness, grooming and skin care in accordance with our established policies and procedures. Assures the highest degree of patient care is being maintained at all times, as well as assuring compliance with current standards of practice, company policies and procedures, and safety regulations. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- Notes any unusual physical or behavioral changes in the individuals, such as bruises, abrasions, rashes or reddened areas on the individual's skin; or an increased agitation, confusion, lethargy or other unusual
- Obtains vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure) and reports/records as appropriate.
- Measures intake and output accurately and records on the appropriate clinical record.
- Observes percent of meal consumed at every meal and records immediately.
- Obtains accurate weights of individuals as required.
- Reports any changes or unusual observations of the individual's mouth/oral cavity.
- Answers call lights for all individuals in an expeditious manner.
- Provides a level of supervision i.e. 15 minute checks, line of sight for individuals, etc. as per plan of care.
- Documents in individual electronic medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists with or performs personal hygiene for the individual, including washing the face, hands and all
- Assists with or performs proper grooming for the individual such as combing and styling hair, cutting nails, and dressing, if necessary.
- Assists the individual with a tub, shower or total bed bath.
- Shaves the individuals as required if they are unable to shave themselves.
- Assists the individuals to wash his/her face and hands after meals when necessary, and to properly dispose of clothing protectors in the laundry hamper.
- Assists or performs oral care for individuals including brushing the teeth or dentures, properly labeling and storing dentures, using mouthwash or special procedures.
- Performs restorative programs i.e. hygiene, grooming, dressing, etc. for individuals as per the plan of care.
- Assists designated individuals to ambulate as per the plan of care.
- Transports individuals by wheelchair or other means to locations within CMLC locations and to, from, and during outings.
- Assists individuals to transfer from bed to chair, etc., using approved methods for each individual as per plan of care.
- Repositions individuals who cannot do so satisfactorily themselves.
- Repositions and properly bridges individuals who are in bed, as well as individuals who are up in chairs as per their plans of care (e.g., assist to lie down or ambulate).
- Always performs lifting using approved methods, with safety in mind, to prevent injury to individual and/or self.
- Reports to supervisor any problems and/or concerns with lifting and/or moving individuals.
- Matches the individual with the proper diet before serving the meal.
- Assists the individual at each meal to ensure an adequate nutritional intake; (e.g., set up the meal, open cartons, cut food into small pieces if necessary).
- Feeds the individual who is unable to feed himself/herself.
- Records the percent of each meal consumed immediately after meals.
- Passes nourishments/snacks to all individuals receiving dietary supplements; records on the clinical record the percent of nourishment consumed.
- Reports to the charge nurse when poor appetite and/or fluid intake are noted.
- Ensures that fresh water is always available for the individual, unless otherwise instructed; passes juices and water on each shift.
- Always helps to create a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere at mealtime.
- Changes bed linens at pre-determined intervals and/or when linens are soiled.
- Disposes of soiled linens and clothes promptly and properly to reduce unwanted odors.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures related to infection control.
- Immediately disposes of the contents of bedpans, urinals and/or commodes and rinses receptacles with an approved disinfectant prior to reuse.
- Keeps individual room neat and clean at all times; keeps bedside stand neat and items properly stored inside.
- Check all alarms, i.e. fall monitors, at the beginning and end of the shift to assure they are functioning properly and are engaged at all times throughout your shift to ensure individual safety.
- Clearly marks and properly stores individual's personal belongings.
- Always places the individual's call light within reach of the individual.
- Knows and is able to carry out approved emergency procedures.
- Reports all unusual occurrences, breakage and damage to equipment immediately and removes broken items from area of use as necessary.
- Assists individuals to the toilet or commode per assignment and as requested.
- Changes incontinent individuals after every episode; performs adequate perineal hygiene for individuals incapable of self-care.
- Records bowel and bladder function during the shift.
- Performs catheter care using approved procedures.
- Supports and participates with individuals and follows care plans of each individual.
- Teaches independence to individuals and documents programs, skills training, etc. accordingly in a timely manner.
- Upholds and acts according to individuals' rights as outlined by company policy.
- Encourages individuals to live as they choose with integrity, dignity and quality of life.
- Enhances opportunities for individuals to develop and maintain their personal connections.
- Empowers individuals to make their own decisions while providing guidance as needed and/or requested
- Attends In-Service meetings & other relevant trainings.
- Maintains HIPPA protected information and privacy at all times.
- Reports any suspicions of abuse IMMEDIATELY to the Administrator or designee.
- Reports hazardous conditions and equipment immediately, keeping the individual safe at all times.
- May be required to perform other related duties for which the individual is qualified.
- Must reply to Onshift Text or phone messages in a timely manner
- Helps to create and maintain an environment conducive to CMLC's mission and values.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Greets visitors to the facility.
- Assist with maintaining medical equipment including wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, and concentrators.
- Assist with the general operation of the facility with regards to organization of work areas.
Education & Skills:
A High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, as well as previous experience as a nursing assistant in an acute or long term care environment. Previous training and/or education in nursing related areas or as a nursing assistant is desirable. Must be able to obtain certification by the State of Illinois as CNA. CPR certification is required as per guidelines at the healthcare provider level. Must possess the desire to care for individuals at the highest level of quality. Continuing education through in-service training is mandatory. Additionally, the ability to take initiative, make independent judgments, and promote teamwork is required to successfully fulfill this job's responsibilities. Must have sufficient written and verbal communication skills to understand instructions and complete basic charting functions and must maintain confidentiality. This facility uses an Electronic Medical Records keeping system, therefore technological skills are essential. Dexterity of the fingers and hands is required to manipulate PDAs, Laptops, Scanners, Printers, and Desktop Computers. Further, the visual acuity to operate these devices is also required.
- Report all incidents/accidents immediately, to include filling out the proper forms. Also report all unsafe/hazardous conditions/equipment immediately to your supervisor.
- Follow established safety policies and procedures.
- Must be use labels and SDS's to recognize hazards and to follow appropriate protective measures. ..... click apply for full job details
Posted 2 weeks ago
Posted 3 weeks ago
Posted 3 weeks ago
Posted 3 weeks ago
Posted 3 weeks ago