GNA and CNA
Annapolis, MD 21403
Bay Woods of Annapolis
POSITION TITLE: Geriatric Nursing Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Health and Wellness
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing
APPROVAL DATE: January 2019
Responsible for providing direct care to residents in the facility, primarily for their activities of daily living, assistance with therapeutic activities program, restorative programs, documentation as required by the facility.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and
- Gives treatments, performs tests, carries out procedures and collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Answers signal lights promptly.
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Familiarity with emergency procedures and may be required to assist with evacuations.
Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Operate as a member of a team both within the department and across departments.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform
simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
- Successful completion of a State approved geriatric nursing assistant training program.
- Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred.
- Registration with State registry required.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; and walking for up to 90% of the work day. May be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs... May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
HOSPITALITY PROMISES OF BAYWOODS OF ANNAPOLIS
- We greet you warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you "
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
CLASSIFICATION FOR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS
Level 1 classification for blood-borne pathogens: a potential exposure to human blood or bodily fluids is likely. Yearly Blood-borne pathogen training is required by this facility. Hepatitis B vaccinations is offered.
This position is a "critical position." This means that its functions must be performed on a daily basis to meet basic resident and/or facility needs. Employees in "critical positions" are expected to report to work in emergency situations, weather related or otherwise. Failure to report to work will be considered an unscheduled absence and may lead to disciplinary action. In emergency situations, BayWoods will attempt to provide transportation to critical staff and will make arrangements for the feeding and lodging of staff on site. Requires for slip resistant shoes to be worn.
I have read my job description. I understand the information contained in the job description. I have received a copy of this job description. I further understand that this job description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet standards of care and service. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
Employee: _____________________________ Director: _______________________________