This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem | Private Duty Home Healthcare
Baltimore, MD 21201
Posted 17 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
If you are a nurse, and you are compassionate about nursing, Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) is the place for you. Whether families need help during the day or night, this expert care is available for medically fragile children and complex adults. Our highly skilled staff can assist with many different facets of medical care, including tracheostomy maintenance, ventilator support, gastric tube feedings, giving medications and much more. We work with families and their loved one's doctor and other health care providers to create a care plan that will meet their needs. Please see our video, by clicking this link, for a glimpse of what it means to work at the VNA:
Christiana Care VNA is seeking Per Diem 56 hours a month LPNs to work all shifts in Delaware but specifically in Wilmington area, we pair you with patients that are as close to your home as possible, generally within 30 miles. This exciting position offers:
- Part Time 30 hours a week.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other benefits
- Tuition Assistance towards a degree program
- Working overnight hours with a weekend commitment
- Serving patients requiring gastric tube feedings for nutrition
- Trach and vent care (We will provide training)
- Administer medications and other prescribed treatments as ordered
- Coordinate care with the family, the patient's physician and other healthcare professionals
- Creates positive relationships by serving in a compassionate, responsive and courteous manner
- Qualified applicants must have current DE LPN license and 1 year of experience working as an RN.
- Previous Home Healthcare and Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Must be able to attend a two-week daytime orientation in our Camden office, followed by patient-specific field orientation on night shift. Also requires a mandatory weekend per month.
- Tracheostomy and ventilator experience a plus!