Hiring multiple live in CHHA - Certified Homemaker Home Health Aide
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Expert Home Care
Expert Home Care is a privately owned independent agency operating in NJ since 1985. We have received the industry's prestigious "Best of Home Care" award for 9 straight years since 2011 for excell... + MORE
Opportunities for LIVE-IN CHHA - Certified Homemaker-Home Health Aides in Warren County. We welcome applications from certified homemaker-home health aides (CHHA) who care about client safety, dignity, and well-being. As a CHHA, you will travel to clients' homes to provide direct care including personal care, grooming, ambulation, special procedures, homemaking, meal preparation, housekeeping, and assistance with other activities of daily living.
- Have a high school diploma or GED, or a satisfactory combination of education and life experience needed to perform the job duties
- Have a current, valid NJ Certified Home Health Aide certification in good standing from the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
- Have the willingness to travel throughout the service area, including being able to drive or to independently travel on public transportation.
- Good communication skills and a mature attitude.
- Be honest, dependable and be able to perform the physical demands of the position.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Travel to client’s home, read and interpret the client's care plan
Provide direct, personal care to clients including, but not limited to:
bathing plus mouth, nail, hair and skin care, shaving, exercises as directed.
activities related to dressing and toileting including bedpan.
assist clients' with ambulating, transfer activities, and the use of assistive devices like mechanical lifts, walkers, wheelchair, commode chair, braces, and prostheses.
perform special delegated procedures including taking vital signs and weight, feeding, measuring intake and output, and assisting clients with self-administered medications.
light housekeeping, menu planning, shopping.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Other duties include observing and reporting on the client's condition, behavior, appearance, and hygiene needs, living arrangements, and home environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work is in a variety of home environments.
- Frequently travel by car or public transportation throughout the service area is necessary.
- This position routinely requires driving a car or independently using public transportation, lifting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, stretching, standing, stooping, walking, walking up and down stairs, seeing, hearing, speaking, writing, reading, carrying, weight-bearing activities, and the use of a wide assortment of large and small home appliances.
- NJ Certified Home Health Aide
- Meal Prep
- Memory Loss
- Must speak English
- We don't hire new grads
(8a - 12p)
(12p - 4p)
(4p - 8p)
(8p - 8a)
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the hiring company.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.