Psychiatric Nurse - LPN
Nashville, TN 37201
Centennial Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Employer- Nashville, TN
Psychiatric Services Nurse (LPN) - Parthenon Memory CareFull-time Days
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine.
Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture You've come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Memory Care Program is a Nationally Recognized for Violence and Restraint Reduction and Joint Commission Accreditation for Memory Care Services, 24-bed inpatient program that houses both voluntary and involuntary geriatric patients who suffer with neuro-cognitive disorders. The program focuses on patient care, medication management, coping skills, family therapy, individual therapies, and group therapies to include Music Therapy, Reminiscent Therapy, ADL coaching, Grief Counseling, and Process Therapy.
- You will oversee and direct the care of psychiatric patients within the Memory Care Department.
- You will be the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated care for your patients.
- This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Displays effective communication skills and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and internal customers
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or Compact Licensure
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience preferred
- CPI (preferred) - REQUIRED within 30 days of hire